- Title: Bank 2001 based on the piece Bank
- Date: 2nd April 2008
- Summary: Bank 2001 was a new project created by Siobhan Davies Dance to assist the professional development of independent dancers. Six dancers were selected by the Company to recreate Bank (originally made in 1997) and given the opportunity to introduce their own new material. Led by Deborah Saxon and Sarah Warsop, the six dancers had the opportunity to experience the creative and working methods of one of the UK's leading contemporary dance companies. The project was overseen by Siobhan Davies and Gill Clarke.
- Work: Creative Project
- Choreographer: Siobhan Davies
- Dancer: Andrea Buckley, Melanie Clarke, Robin Dingemans, David McCormick, Sonja Peedo, Joana Simas
- Dancer Comments: These six independant dancers were selected to participate
- Music: Matteo Fargion
- Composer: Matteo Fargion
- Contributors: Deborah Saxon, Sarah Warsop
- Contributors Comments: Deborah Saxon and Sarah Warsop directed the dancers and the project was overseen by Siobhan Davies and Gill Clarke.
- Analysis: ‘There are times during the early stages of a dancer’s career, when the lack of consistent employment inhibits their creative and professional development. Dancers are now interested in, and are required to use, their own personal dance history in order to research new dance material. I would like this project to provide a secure situation for professionals to experience but to also have the guidance of more experienced performers. I want this project to become an annual event that enables dancers from Britain and abroad to develop their skills in fully profession surroundings’ (Siobhan Davies, 2001).
- Production Date Original: 2001
- Production Date - SDD: 2nd April 2008
- Venue: Royal Academy Dance, Battersea, London
- Tour: Project duration six weeks culminating in Studio Presentations:
16/10/01 - Laban Centre, London
17/10/01 - London Contemporary School of Dance
18/10/01 - Royal Academy of Dance, London
19/10/01 - Swindon Dance (Taking Risks Festival)