- Title: ROTOR
- Date: 18th August 2011
- Summary: Silver plated composite form, polished black plinth, actuating motor. Ben Tyers created a moving sculpture, in metal, of a continuous sinew that winds in and about itself. The orbital inward winding and outwardly expelling dance inspired him to create a form that embodies a tension of movement and a singular shape with dual polarity.
- Work: Vortice
- Artist: Ben Tyers
- Analysis: 'Being part of the development of The Score, and experiencing Sue's approach to creating was very important to me. I felt a permission to freely intuit, the importance being placed on the genesis of a space in which you can let go of an idea and trust that something more will evolve from it. My response to The Score is a sculpture of motion and form. The precisely organised, but seemingly chaotic movement of the dance makes it impossible to realise the governing 'law', the only complete solution being in accepting the beauty of the whole. I feel as though the dancers are acting out on a grand scale some dimension or nature of the fractal energy forms that underlie everything, forms of tension, rhythmic motion, balance, stillness and completeness' (Ben Tyers).
For more artist information click here www.bentyers.com
- Production Date Original: 2010
- Production Date - SDD: 18th August 2011
- Venue: Siobhan Davies Studios, London