- Title: ROTOR
- Date: 18th August 2011
- Summary: Ceramics Is it madness. Is it beauty. by Clare Twomey is a clay work that responds to the repetitive human actions encapsulated in The Score. Futile actions of hope continue, unrelenting, despite their impending devastation in her new work.
- Work: Is it madness. Is it beauty.
- Artist: Clare Twomey
- Analysis: 'The work I have made in response to The Score frames the repetitive action of the dancers who strive without hesitation to achieve a state of harmony in the group. It is this human ability to strive and hope to achieve that I have isolated as a dialogue in the new work, Is it madness. Is it beauty. In the performance of this new work the repetitive action of continually filling unfired ceramic bowls with water that then collapse, isolate of the notion of action and continued hope within the human condition' (Clare Twomey).
For more artist information click here www.claretwomey.com
- Production Date Original: 2010
- Production Date - SDD: 18th August 2011
- Venue: Siobhan Davies Dance Studios, London