- Title: ROTOR
- Date: 18th August 2011
- Summary: Audio CD recording, spoken by Alice Oswald. Alice Oswald created a poem The True Story of Someone Putt Only Half Heard, which has the relentless circling movement from The Score but also has the feeling of an individual human breaking out of that pattern.
- Work: The True Story of Someone Putt Only Half Heard
- Artist: Alice Oswald
- Analysis: 'This poem is a true story about the family that lived in our house fifty years ago, one of whose children never learnt to walk forwards and subsequently died. The story keeps fading out, as if being blown away by the wind. The discord between the circling wind and the eccentric child, (commemorated in the poem's failure to move straightforwardly forward) was inspired by the circles and slipknots of the ROTOR score' (Alice Oswald).
For more artist information click here http://unitedagents.co.uk/alice-oswald
- Production Date Original: 2010
- Production Date - SDD: 18th August 2011
- Venue: Siobhan Davies Studios, London