- Title: Trespass
- Summary: Trespass is the first half of two companion pieces, the second being Affections. David Buckland's designs are constructions that act as extensions to the dancers' bodies. Peter Mumford designed a large light-filled ball, free of wires so it could move. These structures and props are manipulated and negotiated by the dancers that 'trespass' into the stage space. These same elements reappear in the companion work Affections.
- Work: 1996
- Choreographer: Siobhan Davies
- Choreographer Comments: choreographed for Siobhan Davies Dance
- Dancer: Amanda Britton, Gill Clarke, Sean Feldman, David Hughes, Jeremy James, Paul Old, Catherine Quinn, Deborah Saxon
- Dancer Comments: David Hughes replaced Paul Old (injured) for the Trespass/The Art of Touch Spring 1996 tour.
- Music: Gerald Barry
- Sound Score: Piano Quartets (1996, 1992) by arrangement with Oxford University Press
- Sound Score Comments: Gerald Barry's score commissioned by Siobhan Davies Dance.
- Musicians: Beverly Davison (violin), Tim Gill (cello), Rebecca Hirsch (violin), Vicci Wardman (viola), Catherine Edwards (piano), Joely Koos (cello), Andrew Ball (piano)
- Musicians Comments: Scored for piano, cello, violin and viola Spring 1996: Catherine Edwards, Tim Gill, Rebecca Hirsch, Vicci Wardman Autumn 1996: Andrew Ball/Catherine Edwards, Tim Gill/Joely Koos, Beverly Davison, Vicci Wardman
- Designer: David Buckland
- Lighting Design: Peter Mumford
- Sound Engineer: Ron Thomson
- Costume Designer: Sasha Keir
- Costume Maker: Sasha Keir
- Contributors: Nick Redgrave, David Buckland, Sasha Keir, Tom Corbishly
- Contributors Comments: Nick Redgrave (Sphere Construction); David Buckland & Sasha Keir (Figure Construction); Tom Corbishly (Flying Assistance)
- Analysis: 'Several months ago, before starting rehearsal with the dancers, I asked the composer, costume, stage and lighting designers to contribute dynamically different elements, each of which had the potential to alter and influence the other components of the work - music, design and movement. The title of the piece comes from the idea that all of these elements would be trespassing on the others' domain' (Siobhan Davies, programme note, 1996).
- Production Date Original: 1996
- Tour: with Art of Touch:
10/05/96 - 11/05/96 - Grand Theatre, Blackpool
20/05/96 - 21/05/96 - Mercury Theatre, Colchester
31/05/96 - 01/06/96 - Theatre Royal, Newcastle upon Tyne
04/06/96 - 05/06/96 - Crucible Theatre, Sheffield
16/10/96 - 17/10/96 - Oxford Playhouse
25/10/96 - 26/10/96 - Snape Maltings Concert Hall
29/10/96 - 30/10/96 - Queen Elizabeth Hall, London
01/11/96 - 02/11/96 - Royal Northern College of Music, Manchester
05/11/96 - 06/11/96 - Espoo Cultural Centre, Finland
08/11/96 - 09/11/96 - Birmingham Repertory Theatre
14/11/96 - 16/11/96 - Stranmillis College Theatre, Belfast Festival at Queens