- Title: The Collection
- Date: 19th August 2010
- Summary: Slow Arc Inside a Cube III consists of a singular light source that is programmed to make random movements within a mesh cage, casting infinite shadows across the space and creating limitless spatial distortions. Light, steel, mechanical cnc system 93 x 93 x 147cm New commission for The Collection
- Work: Slow Arc Inside a Cube III
- Artist: Conrad Shawcross
- Analysis: Imbued with an appearance of scientific rationality, Conrad Shawcross's sculptures explore subjects that lie on the borders of geometry and philosophy, physics and metaphysics. Attracted by failed quests for knowledge in the past, he often appropriates redundant theories and methodologies to create ambitious structural and mechanical montages, using a wide variety of materials and media, and working on an epic scale. More recently, with another group of works, Conrad Shawcross has begun to experiment with ideal geometries and topologies; these constructions are conceived as systems, sometimes modular, sometimes mechanical, which could be theoretically extended infinitely into space.
To see more work by Conrad Shawcross click here.
- Production Date Original: 2009
- Production Date - SDD: 19th August 2010
- Venue: Siobhan Davies Studios, London
- Tour: 23/03/09 - Siobhan Davies Studios (private view)
24/03/09 - 09/04/09 - Siobhan Davies Studios, London