- Title: The Collection
- Date: 19th August 2010
- Summary: Single channel projection
- Work: Come into my Sleep (the line and its direction)
- Artist: Alex Hartley
- Analysis: Working primarily with photography, often incorporating it into sculpture and installation, Hartley's work addresses complicated and sometimes contradictory attitudes toward the built and natural environments. Encounters with buildings are grounded by conventions and expectations, but Hartley shows us new ways of physically experiencing and thinking about our constructed surroundings - through surface and line, scale and materials, locations and contexts.
To see more work by Alex Hartley click here.
- Production Date Original: 2009
- Production Date - SDD: 19th August 2010
- Venue: Victoria Miro, London
- Tour: 23/03/09 - Victoria Miro, London (private view)
24/03/09 - 09/04/09 - Victoria Miro, London