- Title: The Collection
- Date: 19th August 2010
- Summary: Installation of stainless steel spheres installed in the gallery's waterside garden and linking the two exhibition spaces. Dimensions variable
- Work: Narcissus Garden
- Artist: Yayoi Kusama
- Analysis: Central to Yayoi Kusama's work since the late 1950s has been a proliferating circular motif - either a polka dot or, conversely, the negative space seen when a looped mark is applied to a surface - which the artist first experienced during childhood hallucinations and by which she has been obsessed ever since. Spilling across canvasses, sculptures and installations, sometimes shop mannequins, even the artist's body and clothing she has designed, these dots and whorls vary in tone and character from strident chromatic contrasts to delicate filigrees of white-on-white.
To find out more about Yayoi Kusama click here.
- Production Date Original: 1966 - 2009
- Production Date - SDD: 19th August 2010
- Venue: Victoria Miro, London
- Tour: 23/03/09 - Victoria Miro, London (private view)
24/03/09 - 09/04/09 - Victoria Miro, London