- Title: The Collection
- Date: 19th August 2010
- Summary: Wooden table suspended, 69 x 107 x 72cm Ventilator 55cm
- Work: Table with Ventilator
- Artist: Roman Signer
- Analysis: Roman Signer's artistic development began in the 1960s and '70s and he continues to challenge a traditional understanding of sculpture. His practice ranges from 'events' which generally take place in private and are documented through photography, film and video, to three-dimensional objects in space. Time is his subject matter and his works are frequently referred to as 'time sculptures'. They involve movement, chance and transformation, often with an underlying element of humour. In Signer's own words, 'Always in my work something is going to happen, is happening or has happened. Or could happen'.
To find out more about Roman Signer click here.
- Production Date Original: 2009
- Production Date - SDD: 19th August 2010
- Venue: Victoria Miro, London
- Tour: 23/03/09 - Victoria Miro, London (private view)
24/03/09 - 09/04/09 - Victoria Miro, London