- Title: The Collection
- Date: 19th August 2010
- Summary: Brushbox natural stain finish snare drum with a built in speaker, drumsticks, sound.
- Work: A Solo in the Doldrums (Based on an unseen dance performance by Siobhan Davies)
- Sound Installation: Sound Editing and Mixing: Olivier Goinard Sound Recording: Mick Duffield
- Artist: Anri Sala
- Analysis: 'A custom-made snare drum conceals an in-built speaker playing inaudible low frequency sounds that incite vibrations on the skin of the drum and the rat-a-tat of drumsticks. Responding to an invitation from the choreographer Siobhan Davies had, I asked her to conceive an act to be performed without an audience. A microphone, however, closely recorded her movements in the space and these sounds were then translated into inaudible frequencies. Like a footnote without a note, the drumsticks enact the vestiges of an unseen dance.
To find out more about Anri Sala click here.
- Production Date Original: 2009
- Production Date - SDD: 19th August 2010
- Duration: 8mins 50secs
- Venue: Victoria Miro, London; Ikon Eastside, Birmingham
- Tour: 23/03/09 - Victoria Miro (private view)
24/03/09 - 09/04/09 - Victoria Miro, London
22/09/09 - IKON Eastside, Birmingham (private view)
24/09/09 - 04/10/09 - IKON Eastside, Birmingham