- Title: The Collection
- Date: 18th August 2010
- Summary: Presented as a series of succinct pieces of movement, physical imagery and sound in a gallery the work is performed continuously for six hours each day. The dance is juxtaposed in the same space with A Solo in the Doldrums by the artist Anri Sala, which comprises a drum programmed to produce its own rhythm which in turn is taken from a piece previously performed by Siobhan Davies.
- Work: Minutes
- Dancer Comments: Charlie Morrissey replaced Henry Montes between 1st-4th October at IKON Eastside Gallery.
- Artist: Siobhan Davies, Matteo Fargion, Henry Montes, Deborah Saxon, Catherine Bennett, Matthias Sperling, Charlie Morrissey
- Analysis: The initial impulse that led to the making of the live dance element of The Collection was a question I asked myself and the other dance artists and performers: what is needed to be put in place or learnt to have our work seen in another medium's environment; how do we keep what is distinctive in our movement, rhythmical and sensual work and how do we apply ourselves to a different physical space and use of time, especially one that has a different history of expectation and critical debate?
All of those involved in the live performance were part of the decision making process and I took on a more curatorial role and less of a choreographic one. This felt in keeping with the notion that the whole of The Collection should be a collection of individual ideas and mediums, each one in juxtaposition to another. (Siobhan Davies)
- Production Date Original: 2009
- Production Date - SDD: 18th August 2010
- Venue: Victoria Miro, London; Ikon Eastside, Birmingham
- Tour: 23/03/09 - Victoria Miro Gallery & Siobhan Davies Studios, London (private view)
24/03/09 - 09/04/09 - Victoria Miro Gallery & Siobhan Davies Studios, London
22/09/09 - IKON Eastside, Birmingham (private view)
24/09/09 - 04/10/09 - IKON Eastside, Birmingham